PLANNING AND PRODUCTIVITY
Strategic Goals for 2011 - 2014
I. MSCC will expand access to learning by:
• Identifying ways we can improve access for the complete spectrum of learners in our communities of interest.
Goal: Develop new programs that address student interests and economic growth.
Goal: Strengthen partnerships with local schools to increase dual enrollment of high school students.
Goal: Expand flexible delivery systems that address the time constraints of adult students.
• Recruiting, enrolling, and retaining increasing numbers of students.
II. MSCC will improve learning by:
• engaging in continuous improvement of student, faculty, and staff learning.
Goal: Increase professional growth opportunities for faculty and staff in support of student learning and retention to goal achievement.
• regularly and systematically evaluating and improving our processes.
Goal: MSCC will compare favorably with its peers.
Goal: Continue to improve the teaching/learning process through assessing student learning.
• providing a comprehensive and responsive academic support system that recognizes students as central to the learning process.
Goal: Improve support services for under-prepared students.
Goal: Increase extracurricular options that enhance student academic success and engagement with the institution.
Goal: Expand and improve student use of tutorial services.
III. MSCC will support regional economic development by:
• providing more flexible training/education programs to meet the needs of business and industry.
Goal: Develop/strengthen career pathways with emphasis on student preparation for STEM careers.
• supporting and expanding partnerships with educational, philanthropic, and government agencies and other higher education institutions to increase breadth and depth in business/industry training.
Goal: Pursue stronger communication with area business/industry regarding programs and services provided by the college.
IV. MSCC will manage its resources effectively by:
• providing excellent human, physical, and fiscal resources that promote student learning.
Goal: Enhance use of technology to support student advising and counseling and to improve institutional efficiency.
Goal: Obtain and effectively manage external resources to enhance facilities and programs.
Goal: Increase MSCC Foundation resources
• promoting community on campus with an environment that encourages mutual respect and positive relationships.
Goal: Enhance morale, institutional loyalty, and positive relationships among employees.
MSCC Value Statements
Mid-South Community College is committed to:
Access: Access, opportunity, and support for those who may benefit from its programs and services.
A Positive Campus Environment: A working and learning environment that encourages freedom of inquiry and values integrity, courtesy, and involvement in decision-making while respecting cultural diversity and individual differences.
Community and Civic Responsibility: Civic responsibility through planned learning experiences and through collaboration with local organizations to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the community.
Quality and Accountability: Quality instruction and the effective use of technology, resources, and support services through continuous assessment of needs, programs and services.
Responsiveness: Responsiveness to economic, cultural, social, and human development by serving as a catalyst for community and educational improvements.
Learning and Individual Goal Achievement: Educational programs designed to motivate, challenge, and reward excellence in those who utilize and provide them.